Nomination Deadline March 1, 2019
The International Council of Psychologists is seeking nominations for openings on our Executive Board. Open positions are:
- President-Elect (serves 1 year as President-Elect, 1 year as President, 1 year as Past-President)
- Director-at-Large (several openings for 3 year terms)
Ballots for the elections will be sent to all members on 15 March 2019 with a voting period of 15 days. Elected positions will begin June, 2019 at our Annual Meeting to take place in Cadiz, Spain from June 11-14. Please consider serving on the Executive Board of ICP or nominating a colleague.
ICP is entering a vibrant period of growth as we voted in 2018 to concentrate our efforts on social justice and human rights issues as related to psychology. ICP, one of the oldest international associations in psychology, was founded in 1941. Our mission is committed to furthering world peace, promoting human rights and promoting collaboration among mental health professionals and social scientists, globally. Our mission is:
- To advance the science and practice of psychology and to support the use of psychological knowledge to promote social health and justice;
- To contribute to world peace and human rights for all peoples by helping to empower under-represented ethnic and culturally diverse groups;
- To encourage global wellness through promotion and integration of health and mental health services globally, and
- To foster international professional development, networking, communication, mentoring and friendship among psychologists and allied mental health professionals and social scientists.
- Nominees must be current members of ICP.
- We would like to expand our board with non-US members.
- Desired Leadership Qualities for Nominees
- Ability to listen and analyze, as well as think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to consider multiple viewpoints, an international perspective, and work well with people individually and in a group.
- Ability to make decisions based on knowledge rather than opinion.
- Willingness to learn more about the Council, prepare for and attend quarterly virtual Board of Directors meetings, and take responsibility for assignments.
How to Nominate
Nominations should include the following information:
NOMINEE COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
NOMINATED BY (Self-Nominations are welcome): ____________________________
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at +1-(510) 846-5616 or via email.
Jean Lau Chin, EdD, ABPP
Past President and Nominations & Elections Chair